If you’ve been following along with my blog, you may have noticed taawd.blogspot.com wasn’t working a couple of days this week. Now, both that URL and http://www.taawd.com/ will get you to my blog.
I have goddaddy.com as my domain supplier. I had to modify the CNAME to google’s servers and then delete the “A” portion. If anyone is trying to do this, don’t get worried if your dot blogspot dot com URL doesn’t work for a couple of days, this is somewhat normal as all of the Internet catches up to your changes. I got freaked out and it was all for nothing. You can test to see if its slowly coming up by going to that dot blogspot dot com URL and hit ctrl+F5 a couple of times. At one point, you’ll notice it will eventually point to your new custom domain. I was thinking blogger was going back on its promise that they wouldn’t “leave your readers behind.”
I search the Internet and all of the message boards to figure this out mostly by myself. Blogger does make it seem a lot easier than it actually is. Deleting that “A” record, for godaddy.com users, it’s the top section on your MX Records page.
Good luck with the switchover. Hopefully, my newly found knowledge will help everyone else not fret like I did.